Although I recorded this last week I was so busy only just got round to posting it now, the 2nd of the 3 back to back (ish) shows…and this is a companion piece to RC 167: Not Here Right Now, with a downtempo look at that terrible events in Norway and the death of Amy Winehouse…where words fail and all you have is music left.
Rather than focusing on the gorey lurid drive-by moneyshots that the media specialises I tried to make more a downbeat meditative show (a calm lake to the last show’s crashing sea) with hope in it’s eyes, partying and throwing glitter into the face of fascism but also exploring the darker and angrier side of a slightly schizophrenic happening – but at no point giving the platform to madness.
Grandma take me home…(1hr 59, 110Mb)
- Little Roy – Sliver
- Death Grips – Known for it (Freak Grips)
- Break Science – Shanti (feat Falu) – From the EP free download here!
- Augustus Pablo – King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown
- Burning Spear – Civilize Reggae
- Boards of Canada – Olson (Wrm Remix) (download on Soundcloud)
- John Martyn – Small Hours
- Kodomo – Disappearing Light
- The Caretaker – All You Are Going To Want To Do Is Get Back There
- Factory Floor – Bipolar
- Death Grips – I Want it I need it (Death Heated) – from free ExMilitary mixtape
- Daft Punk – Fall (M83 Vs Big Black Delta Remix)
- Kodomo – Frozen in Motion
- The Weeknd – What You Need (Vin Sol & Charles McCloud Remix)
- Depeche Mode – Leave In Silence (Claro Intelecto ‘The Last Time’ Remix)
- Destroyer – Bay Of Pigs
- Austra – Lose It
- John Martyn – The Gardeners
- Sleep Party People – I’m Not Human At All
- Lykke Li – Sadness Is A Blessing
- Washed Out – A Dedication
- Amy Winehouse – Love Is A Losing Game (demo version)
P.S. the picture isn’t of Norway, I’ve never been…but it’s a shot of Cuckmere Haven, one of the last shots on my old camera.