Sometimes I escape into music when things get bad and words don’t seem to be doing any justice. As was the case with the first rainy day mix years ago…and my podcast when I was doing that.
Difference is it’s called ‘jour pluvieux’. I’ll admit my French is terrible, but if Google and other sites are correct this also means ‘rainy day’.
But ‘pluvieux’ can also mean weeping.
So it has a topical side, too. But it’s intended as a personal reaction, rather than a public one – for music was attacked in Paris, it seems right to respond with music. And music is a highly personal thing for me.
- AFX – avril 14th reversed music not audio [tapedel]
- Mogwai – This Messiah Needs Watching
- Röyksopp – Coup de grâce
- Everything Everything – No Reptiles
- Tori Amos – Happiness Is A Warm Gun
- Ed Harcourt – Come Into My Dreamland
- Richard Hawley – Nothing Like a Friend
- Eddie Hooper – So It Seems
- Roots Manuva – Fighting For?
- Run The Jewels – Crown (feat. Diane Coffee)
- Ed Harcourt – In My Time of Dust
- Tori Amos – Real Men
- McAlmont & Butler – Can We Make It?
- Benis Cletin – Rain, Sun & Love
- Boney M. – Somewhere In The World
- Röyksopp – Thank You
- Richard Hawley – Welcome the Sun