In the 1980′ and 90’s I like most of my friends spent many hours programming, creating rudimentary digital pictures (I had a mouse for my Spectrum!), playing games and trying to get something vaguely musical from said microcomputers. So in honour of my 8-bit and 16-bit music days, here is a 8-bit/16-bit music special of modern chiptunes to video game covers, mashups and even original tunes from me – bleep and bloop-tastic music new and old.
There seems to be a ghost in the machine called MC R0B07Cl45H shouting out during the show & making bad 8-bit jokes, even causing the podcast to crash in mid PEEK. How authentic!**
P.S. It’s SFW apart from ‘AFS’ aka “Annoying Fucking Song” so yeah, that one isn’t really one you want to crank up at work/school 😉
HIGHSCORE HALL OF FAME goes to:
- 10000 ‘LEE’ SPOONS – for the Radio Clash Intro 8-bit cover. Love the loading noises too!
- FAKEDAVIDGREEN on Twitter aka Fakebit Polytechnic for tune suggestions
- 8-BIT NINJAS aka CrazyGibbon – ditto
- POMDETER for the vocals and help with the Radio Clash 8-bit intro, and original work on said intro
LOAD “RADCLASH” BLOOOOOP BLEEEEP! POKE 59458,62* BANG! (116Mb, 1:55)
- Suzanne Ciani – Atari Video Games Logo
- 10000 Spoons – This Is Radio Clash
- BACALAO – But Not Tonight
- Saskrotch – Beautiful World
- Powerglove – Tetris (Themes B And C)
- Anamanaguchi – Snow Angels
- lazyitis – Super Morrissey Bros.
- mark vii – brown vs gray
- 8-Bit Ninjas – Push It
- Suzanne Ciani – Discover Magazine (TV Spot)
- 16 Bit – Changing Minds
- Sabrepulse – Digital Love
- Perfume – GAME
- Glomag featuring 0x7f, Bit Shifter, Bubblyfish, firestARTer, Hey Kid Nice Robot, Ladybug, M-.-n, Nullsleep, Psilodump, Random, Sidabitball, and David E Sugar) – Pocket Calculator MEGAMIX
- gwEm & Counter Reset – What Time Is Love
- Unicorn Kid – True Love Fantasy ft. Talk to Animals
- Jega – Manic Minor
- FLOPPY – Radiostar No Higeki (Buggles)
- AFS – MadHatter (thanks to hinoirocks for the track ID!)
- Momomomo (original daniwell) – Nyanyanyanyanyanyanya!
- Suzanne Ciani – Liberator (Atari TV Spot)
- Haruomi Hosono – Galaga
- 8-Bit Ninjas – theme from 8-bit dojo
- Ceephax Acid Crew – Capsule in Space
- Adam Stalker – 8bit: BladeRunner EndTitle
- Haruomi Hosono – Xevious
- The Advantage – Zelda – Fortress
- Lucas Heil – NyanCatJazz
- Reality Engine – YNot (Daybreak mix)
- Ceephax – Moor
* This is the infamous ‘Killer Poke‘ – do not try this at home, well if you have the misfortune to still run a Commodore PET, which in French also meant ‘Fart’. LOL.
** He was supposed to be from the Texas Instruments TI-99/4A, but like the frankly shite original computer, I could never get it to actually say anything. Nice of the emulator programmers to make it so life-like and mirror reality so closely! :-/