It was my 40th birthday a few weeks ago and I’ve just about recovered. There was alcohol, there were cards, there were long beards, thou shalt always BBQ, the cake was not a lie, there was mexican monkeys – wait, what? Well maybe not Mexican Monkeys, the new track from Daft Punk. Well not that new, it’s been #1 for like 3 weeks. Current, eh?
And yes we go from Handel to hiphop, shoegaze to sixties, electro to eclectic, bootlegs to booty-shaking bears!
I also went to see Low and Handel’s Giulio Cesare (NOT at the same time, although I suspect they would be compatible) and saw Book of Mormon…and generally and gently ruminated about the nature of life, and being 40.
Mid-life Crisis? Or Mid-life Crisis 2: Opposing Gravity? (1:33 / 96Mb)
- Daft Punk – Get Lucky (uAnimals Remix)
- Beartraxx – Remember The Digital Love (Michael Jackson vs. Daft Punk)
- John Grant – Ernest Borgnine
- Manu Chao – Clandestino (DJ Yamin Remix)
- Björk – Crystalline (Omar Souleyman Remix)
- Dusty Springfield – Don’t Forget About Me (Mono version)
- Snoop Dogg – Wet
- Tony Banks – Bears Like Me
- Twilight 22 – Electric Kingdom
- The Knife – Stay Out Of Here
- Seafood – I Dreamt We Ruled the Sun
- Flying White Dots – The California Show
- Marianne Faithfull – Beware of Darkness
- Low – To Our Knees
- Natalie Dessay, Emmanuelle Haïm & Le Concert d’Astrée – Giulio Cesare in Egitto, HWV 17: Atto Secondo – Scene 8: Se pietà di me non senti