I think it’s about time to post some Xmess songs, as it’s a few weeks away (sorry for those who were trying to avoid all mention of it, I’ll be brief). Love this song from Invocal about Xmas, very funny…
Just for you to get into the Xmas mood, y’all.
It’s been 5 years since the original Bah Humbug (the event and the CD – still up!) hit the world…in fact Kirk has repeatedly told me he plays the CD every year…so I thought in the sake of giving him another CD to play (it must be the only one he has) I’d create BAH HUMBUG II! *dramatic music*
Following the first it’s another dose of antidote to the usual sickly cheesy Xmas tunes we hear year after year…so here’s a journey into the stranger side of Xmas tunes, the extremely rude (yes this is NSFW and not for children, or anyone really), the perverted, the strange, the outsider, the silly, the misfires, mashups, the Xmas protest songs and parodies – strange, silly, bizarre and terrible – it’s all here but actually hypnotically and strangely quite good. And hopefully it’ll spread some real Scroogemas Cheer to you all! Should fit onto a 80 minute CD, and includes printable artwork in the zip.
Thanks and cheers goes to these paragons of Xmess strangeness who either were included here or nearly were – consider buying/checking them out if you like what you hear here (do you?):
- An American Song Poem Christmas
- A Punk Rock Christmas
- Christmas In The Stars
- A John Waters Christmas
- A Very Bootie Christmas / Dan Phillips
- WFMU Beware of the Blog
- The Vandals Christmas LP
- Dr. Demento Presents: Greatest Christmas Novelty CD Of All Time
- Tales From The Crypt: Have Yourself A Scary Little Christmas
- Merry Creepmas
- It’s a Red Peters Christmas!, Vol. 1
- Music for Maniacs probably since I steal so much from there and then forget where I got it!
- Kinsey Sicks ‘Ov Vey In A Manger’
- and in case Cthulu gets annoyed: A Very Scary Solstice
So rifle through Santa’s Sac here (184Mb, Zip)
Santa’s Got A Tracklist: