A listener once said they knew if it was a good podcast if I sounded pissed off at the start. Well, welcome to an extremely good episode then! A well tempered Clash, forged in the heat of online battle, which raises the question, where’s the real one? (oh it’s an old joke, and not even mine).
Punk, metal, soul, indie, Nigerian funk, electronica, psych, electro, house, disco from both sides of the pond, synth-pop, hiphop, drum and bass, ambient, soundtrack, new wave, ska…quite a few new tunes, and quite a few older ones that might be new to you – they were new to me.
It’s all there if you look. Well, listen.
This is dedicated those that we delete (1:58, 176Mb)
- You Suck! – Get The Fuck Off The Stage
- Epic Beard Men – 2Bad
- Quannum – I Changed My Mind (Changed My Style Mix)
- The Funkees – Breakthrough
- A Tribe Called Quest – 1nce Again (Rhythm Scholar AtariFunk 8-Bit Remix)
- Black Futures – Riches
- Everything Everything – Breadwinner
- IDLES – Samaritans
- The Breeders – When I Was a Painter
- Ghost – It’s A Sin
- Lily Allen – Trigger Bang (feat. Giggs)
- Aphex Twin – 1st 44
- Etta James – Waiting For Charlie To Come Home
- Simon Dupree And The Big Sound – Rain
- Patrick Cowley & Jorge Socarras – You Laugh At My Face
- Dudley Moore – Bedazzled Encore – Alternative Mix
- Hot Chocolate – Rumours
- Hana & Dana – Autumn Leaves
- Evelyn King – Love Come Down
- Tracey Thorn – Grand Canyon
- B.Traits – Fever (Original Mix)
- Creep Show – Safe and Sound
- Yuji Ohno – Over the galaxy
- John Barry – Night In The Outback
- The Magnetic Fields – ’77: Life Ain’t All Bad
- Prince Buster – Enjoy Yourself
P.S. I forgot to say what the mini-theme was…
SPOILERS: it’s Charlie/Charley, cos Rumours by Hot Chocolate, Lily Allen’s Trigger Bang and of course Etta James is waiting for Charlie to come home (except she wasn’t talking about cocaine!).