First guest show of the new! improved! sans microplastiques! gluten free! Radio Clash with Ian Fondue of The Lloydbrary and it’s about the soundtrack genius John Barry and his music for film and TV.
We range from brit-pop to international hip-hop, twang to triphop, funky breaks and forgotten songs, drum and bass to disco, big beat to big band jazz and surprising films with soundtrack loveliness . And we discuss who should’ve done the Octopussy theme, how Andy Williams shouldn’t be let anywhere near disco and invent a new children’s TV show/music genre mixed with HP Lovecraft. As you do.
It’s also the first on-location podcast in a very long time so it’s coming from the Lloydbrary Secret Lair, hidden from spies at the bottom of the garden.
Emily is definitely Blofeld, cat and all… (1:56, 161Mb)
- John Barry Seven – Hit And Miss (from Jukebox Jury, 1960)
- Propellerheads – On Her Majesty’s Secret Service
- FatBoy Slim – The Rockafeller Skank (Mulder’s Urban Takeover Remix)
- Mansun – The Chad Who Loved Me
- The Beta Band – It’s Not Too Beautiful
- Pulp – All Time High
- Less Du Neuf – D’Est En Ouest feat. Tefla & Jaleel
- The Cinematic Orchestra – All Things to All Men (feat. Roots Manuva)
- John Barry – Launch Adrift (from Starcrash, 1978)
- Acen – Trip To The Moon Pt.1
- Ceephax Acid Crew – Capsule in Space
- Lionrock – Fire Up The Shoesaw
- London Elektricity – All Hell Is Breaking Loose
- John Barry & Donna Summer – Theme from The Deep (Down, Deep Inside – 1977)
- Roland Shaw Orchestra – Diamonds Are Forever (Reprise)
- John Barry – The Persuaders Theme (1971)
- John Barry And His Orchestra – Seance On A Wet Afternoon (1964)
- John Barry – The Shock of Each Moment of Still Being Alive (from Boom! 1968)
- Cass Elliot – The Good Times Are Comin’ (from Monte Walsh, 1970)
- Fiona Fullerton – The Me I Never Knew (from Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, 1972)