Is Broken down,
Dance over my Lady Lee.
Is Broken down
With a gay Lady.
Take a key and lock her up,
Lock her up, Lock her up.
Build it up with silver and gold,
My fair lady.
Gold and silver I have none,
I have none, I have none.
Silver, and Gold
Will be stolen away,
Stone so strong will last so long,
Last so long, Last so long.
Second part of the now 3-part London series with a darker, greyer and less shiny podcast including rain, riots, rail, revolution and race; and also a LUL FU. So just another day in the city, then!
As before, thanks to The London Nobody Sings, Bob Levingbird, Ian Fondue and anyone I’ve forgotten for their suggestions/posts.
Gold , Silver or Oyster Card I Have None, My Fare Lady! (72Mb, 97mins)
- Professor Bumble’s Magic Machine – London Bridge Is Falling Down
- George Mitchell Singers – Swinging London
- Wendy James – London’s Brilliant
- Blur – London Loves
- Gene – To The City
- Bitter Springs – Moving to the City
- London Conversations – Sheena MacKay
- Mike Proctor – Mr. Commuter
- Ian Dury – Busdrivers Prayer
- Big Audio Dynamite – Harrow Road
- XTC – Towers of London
- Rotten & Reynebeau: Finsbury Park – Part 1
- Linton Kwesi Johnson – Di Great Insohreckshan
- Blak Twang – Real Estate
- Demon Boyz – Law Abiding Citizen
- Ivor Cutler – British Museum
- Linton Kwesi Johnson – Reggae Fi Peach
- Smiley Culture – Cockney Translation
- The King Blues – Let’s Hang The Landlord
- Bevis Frond – South Hampstead Rain
- Spike Milligan – Wormwood Scrubs Tango
- Saint Etienne – Side Streets
- The Real Tuesday Weld – London
- The Real Tuesday Weld – I Loved London
- London Bridge (Chinese version)
P.S. following on from my discussion of Blair Peach, I found out that the CPS are reviewing the case – read the comments about the weapons and items they found afterwards – including Nazi regalia. Horrific.
And it seems 30 years later, like with the riots and Kevin Gately and more recently Charles De Menenez and Ian Tomlinson, nothing has really changed. A few of many reasons why I don’t trust the police. In my opinion, any police officer that is violent towards the public and/or hides their identity should be fired, prosecuted and jailed.